Wednesday, May 03, 2006

This guy's supposed to be representing me.


James Inhofe, R-OK is my Senator. I sure as Hell didn't vote for him, but enough of the folks in Oklahoma are gullible enough to think that he's doing a fine job.

Inhofe is Senate Environment and Public Works Committee Chairman. Inhofe gets most of his contributions from Big Energy.

1
Oil & Gas
$309,208
2
Electric Utilities
$180,907


Yesterday 21 government scientists put out a report stating that humans are driving the warming trend through greenhouse gas emissions.

My Senator said, through a spokesman, "What is clear is that our increased confidence in land-based temperature data in no way implies or supports a conclusion that recent observed warming is due to man instead of natural variability".

I would like to take this opportunity to apoligize to the rest of the country and the world.

1 comment:

  1. Republicans have not and never will care about the environment. They have no care for what the future brings even though we can prevent it today.

    ReplyDelete

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it.

John Stuart Mill (May 20 1806 – May 8 1873)