Saturday, March 01, 2008

Rednecks for Barack Obama, A Small But Growing Movement and Mark Morford.





Well, it looks like Barack's done something that I would have thought to be near impossible. He's seems to be getting quite a bit of support from, wait for it, rednecks. This can be nothing but good, for Barack, for rednecks and for the country.

My personal opinion is that we have a kindred spirit in Barack. You noticed in the little Iraq/al-Qaeda discussion that went on between McCain and Obama, when McCain played his "Father knows best" character and admonished young Barack that there were indeed al-Qaeda in Iraq, unlike most of our spineless Democrats, Barack hit McCain between the eyes with the truth. That there were no al-qaeda in Iraq before McCain and the idiot decided to play John Wayne. Refreshing.

So it looks like Barack don't have a lot of back down in him. And that, my friends is a redneck quality. It's not to be confused with the blind stubbornness of the Petulant Prince, which is rooted more in megalomania, but rather in a well thought out position of what's right and what's wrong. And standing up for what's right is always a good thing. Especially when it's not popular.

Dave in Arkansas sent me his My Space, so I'm posting it. Rednecks for Obama. You gotta admit Barack over a Confederate flag is ballsy, yet coolly ironic.

BTW, check out the comments from other rednecks and let's hope there's a lot more.

I get my stitches and staples out Monday, so I hope to be more active here. Thanks for checking out Redneck Liberal.

I'll leave you with a really well written article about what we all know is going to happen if Barack wins the nomination. And I don't see anything stopping him.


How
to hate Barack Obama

Right now, deep in the GOP dungeons, they're
planning their racist, disgraceful assault. Whatever will it be?
By Mark Morford, SF Gate
Columnist

Friday, February 29, 2008

The name thing is just too damn easy. Childish, sophomoric, a given.

Of course, this doesn't mean they won't use it. A lot.

I mean, my God, his middle name is the same as Dubya's irrelevant
little dead arch-enemy and his last name rhymes with that of the most-wanted
terrorist in the world and this one's pretty much already in the can, nothing
much for the right to do with Barack Hussein Obama's moniker except
"accidentally" mispronounce it as "Osama Hussein" over and over again on Fox
News and at McCain rallies and across Wal-Mart's loudspeakers so trailer park
denizens across Bush's 'Merka will get even more confused and panicky and start
loading up the bunker with Ding-Dongs and Coors just in case the Muslim radicals take over.


Later.

2 comments:

  1. Hopin your recovery is going well. Best of luck healing. Lookin' forward to hearing from you again soon.
    Rocky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you are doing well following your surgery, LowDown.

    Of course you had this surgery done in Cuba or Venezuela.

    ReplyDelete

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it.

John Stuart Mill (May 20 1806 – May 8 1873)